Rick Saldan is an excellent
inspirational speaker who tailored the seminar to the needs of the
individual students being instructed. This office thanks the Mayors Office
of Information Services for having such a vendor.
Timothy K. Lynch
Office of Fleet Management
City of Philadelphia
Rick has a magical approach that provides a clear and
concise message specifically designed to the needs of his
audience. Rick will provide all the motivational magic you
will ever need, propelling your organization to the next
level of greater success.
Rick Saldan is a compelling and absorbing motivational speaker and
magician.I have been to five of his
Motivational Magic presentations and it is amazing how he keeps our
college audiences on the edge of their seats.
A highly entertaining performer with great comedy flair. Rich content to
increase students' productivity, peak performance and motivation. If you
need an outstanding motivational speaker for colleges, Rick is definitely
one of the world's greatest speakers and magicians!
Dr. Rob Gilbert, Sport Psychologist,
Montclair State University
Rick Saldan has the wit, wisdom and sorcery of a wizard. He
has a dynamic personality, and all will enjoy his
captivating stories, comedy and magic!
Credit Suisse First Boston
Rick Saldan delivers a first-class show! A pro in every
sense of the word. Funny, unique, entertaining and polished.
Brian Letscher, Actor
Hawaii Five-O, NCIS, Cold Case, Law & Order and The Mentalist.
Rick Saldan is a wonderful combination of master magician, comic
improviser and first class speaker. The audience loved his program, which
was music to our ears. If you love celebrity motivational speakers such as
Tom Hopkins, Dale Carnegie and Zig Ziglar, then you'll love Rick!
Dottie Burman, President
Burtley Productions, Inc.
is an incredibly talented performer and motivational speaker with great insight. He shares many powerful
motivational messages that will enhance your life for the better!
Rick is one of the best inspirational speakers on
the scene today. Funny, fun loving and highly energetic. If you want to
make your next event into an extraordinary one, then invite professional
speaker Rick Saldan and his amazing Motivational Magic.
Andres Lara, President
Inspiration Times Magazine
The Top 10 Things to Know About Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Author: Susan Dunn, MA Clinical Psychology
Difficult to diagnose, with no known cause (and/or multiple causes), and no known cure, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (or Myalgic Encephalomyelitis or ME) plagues over 1,000,000 people in the US. Here are some of the latest findings about this syndrome:
1. About 1.3 million people in the US have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, also known as myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME). It’s 4 times more prevalent than MS and 8 times more prevalent than lupus. [Source: Barry Hurwitz, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology and Biomedical Engineering, University of Miami, http://www.chronicfatiguesupport.com/library/showarticle.cfm/id/4954 ]
2. About 85-90% of people who have chronic fatigue are undiagnosed. [Ibid]
3. It is difficult to diagnose, mostly involving ruling out other causes and there is no known cure. [Ibid]
4. Dr. Hurwitz believe there is clearly a physical basis to the disease. “We discovered that people who have CFS have decreased volume of red blood cells,” he says. He is experimenting with treating the syndrome with a drug called Procrit to see if it will increase the number of red blood cells.
5. The immune system is involved, becoming activated as if fighting some infection which doesn’t exist. “It turns out,” says Hurwitz, “there is an immune system hormone or substance that’s released that actually causes the red blood cell volume to be depressed. That is, it stops the bone marrow from producing red blood cells.” He is examining this link.
6. Another recent study done by Basant Puri, a neuro-psychiatrist at Hammersmith Hospital in London, found sufferers were low in a group of essential fatty acids known as EPAs. Said Puri, “It was these natural gaps that we found to be enlarged in people with CFS. We have found what appears to be a cause for CFS but we don’t know why people get it.” In response, Chris Clark, chief executive of Action for ME said, “All the evidence so far suggests that there is no single cause.” [Source: Times Newspaper, Ltd., http://www.chronicfatiguesupport.com/library/showarticle.cfm/ID/5264 ]
7. According to yet another study, this one led by Karen B. Schmaling, University of Texas in El Paso, and reported in January 2004, “good mental health” can alleviate symptoms. One of those studies with results I find open to interpretation, it was found that the following things gave a better prognosis for relief: not blaming the symptoms on some virus or illness, believing the condition was due to a non-physical or emotional problem (such as stress), and not taking sedatives. Also those who were able to adapt to not being able to do things they loved to do, were more likely to avoid depression.
8. Schmaling’s research also determined that those who fared worst were unemployed, elderly and depressed.
9. The University of Michigan Health System recommends regular aerobic exercise for alleviating symptoms. It can provide pain management and enhanced mood state, improved physical fitness and overall improved quality of life, reduced fatigue, increased vigor, and reduction in risk factor status for lifestyle diseases. [Source: The University of Michigan Health System http://www.chronicfatiguesupport.com/library/showarticle.cfm/ID/5280 ]
10. According to the Journal of Psychosomatic Medicine, while most patients never fully recover, most improve over time.
(c)Susan Dunn, MA, The EQ Coach, http://www.susandunn.cc.
I offer coaching, distance learning courses, and ebooks around emotional intelligence for wellness, career, relationships, resilience, and personal and professional development. I train and certify EQ coaches. Mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org for free ezine. For daily EQ tips, send blank email to EQ4Uemail@example.com.
Hire Rick Saldan's Motivational Magic to Energize Your Conference or Special Event!
Rick says, "With perseverance, drive,
and vision, you can achieve what once seemed impossible. I
encourage you to strive toward
your vision for a new future -- one that
energizes your gifts, your passions and your untapped hidden potential!"
Rick's ideas, messages, strategies, and first-hand stories
of overcoming adversity against all the odds will inspire your
people. They become enthused, excited, and committed to take
massive action that impacts your bottom line. Your return on investment is powerful.
Rick is a unique
speaker and seminar leader
that combines comedy, theatrical illusions and extensive
audience interaction with inspirational presentations. He
creates a powerful